I’ve had these bikes for an embarrassing number of years. Embarrassing because I intended to paint them right after I bought them, and I don’t even know how long ago that was. I thought I should get them sandblasted before painting, which was the step the project got stuck on.
I finally decided that a coat of rustoleum spray paint would probably do the trick just as well, and so three cans later, we went from rusty and flakey to shiny, smooth and green. I wiped them down, went over some of the extra rusty spots with a wire brush, and sprayed on several thin coats of paint. The nooks and crannies I thought were so charming nearly did me in.
I’m pleased with how they turned out, and am debating between herbs or wildflowers to put in them.